Each year, the Eta Omega Chapter of Omega Psi Phi Fraternity awards financial scholarships to outstanding Atlanta-area male high school scholars. For 2023, these non-renewable scholarships will range in amount from $1000 to $5000.
Applicants for the scholarship must be male, college-bound graduating seniors from Atlanta Public Schools (APS) high schools – OR – from one of the following Fulton County Schools high schools: Banneker, Creekside, Hapeville Charter Career Academy, Langston Hughes, South Fulton, Tri-Cities, and Westlake.
Applicants must also:
- Have a Minimum GPA of 3.2 on 4.0 scale
- Submit a completed application package online
- Application form
- Official high school transcript
- Three letters of recommendations (typed, no relatives)
- Wallet-size color photo (headshot, plain background); note that this photo may appear in scholarship program and/or chapter website
- College acceptance letter (if available). This must be received prior to receiving any funds.
- Essay (maximum 500 words) addressing the following topic:
Current reports note that “86% of people 13 to 38 years old want to be social media influencers, but only 12% of those surveyed currently consider themselves a social media influencer.” Explain how the desire to be a social media influencer may or may not affect a high school student’s decision to pursue a college education.
An interview with the Eta Omega Scholarship panel is mandatory for consideration of this scholarship.
Interviews will be scheduled by invitation only. Submission of an application does not guarantee an interview.
Application Period/ Deadline for Submission
The application period opens on February 26, 2023. The deadline for submission is March 31, 2023 . Any incomplete submissions will not be considered.
For questions, email our Scholarship Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.