Each year, the Eta Omega Chapter of Omega Psi Phi Fraternity awards financial scholarships to outstanding Atlanta-area male high school scholars. For 2022, these non-renewable scholarships will range in amount from $1000 to $5000.
Applicants for the scholarship must be male, college-bound graduating seniors from Atlanta Public Schools (APS) high schools – OR – from one of the following Fulton County Schools high schools: Banneker, Creekside, Hapeville Charter Career Academy, Langston Hughes, South Fulton, Tri-Cities, and Westlake.
Applicants must also:
- Have a Minimum GPA of 3.2 on 4.0 scale
- Submit a completed application package online
- Application form
- Official high school transcript
- Three letters of recommendations (typed, no relatives)
- Essay addressing “How the COVID-19 pandemic has impacted my college and career aspirations.” Maximum 500 words
- Wallet-size color photo (headshot, plain background); note that this photo may appear in scholarship program and/or chapter website
- College acceptance letter (if available). This must be received prior to receiving any funds.
An interview with the Eta Omega Scholarship panel is mandatory for consideration of this scholarship.
Interviews will be scheduled by invitation only. Submission of an application does not guarantee an interview.
Application Period/ Deadline for Submission
The application period opens on January 17, 2022. The deadline for submission is March 31, 2022 . Any incomplete submissions will not be considered.